Monday 4 September 2017

"I'm not dead yet!"


You'll have to forgive the Monty Python joke, this is a rare opportunity for me to actually make them for once. 

So, you might have noticed things have been very, very quiet around here of late. Extremely so, and this is once again unfortunately thanks to life getting in the way, or to be exact, my new job. I recently shifted gears away from one career to another in the hopes of moving upwards in the world, but it has had the unfortunate side effect of leaving me mentally and physically burned out on a daily basis. Combined with longer hours, a vastly greater workload each day, other events such as the death of a relative and some of the more fanatical Disney Star Wars fan-groups leaving threats in the comments section (and at least one concerted effort to doxx me on Facebook apparently) has left me both drained and short on time to say the least. I am trying to get the ball rolling on reviews once again, but that is very dependent upon what is happening at what time right now. There are things in the pipe-line, I assure you, but I can't promise that we will be back up to speed just yet.

Also, to those leaving comment after comment demanding answers - and you know who you are - please stop. If I do not have the time to fully answer one point, then leaving six more demanding I reply to you is probably going to leave me just marking your every effort as spam. I appreciate the efforts made to communicate, but this isn't the way to go about things. Especially those whose only existence seems to now be to demand that I am wrong about everything, and that having an opinion on a subject they do not like somehow makes me an enemy of the free Western world. Or that their entire meaning in life is now to convince me that only they are right and I must somehow amend my ways. 

Yes, there has been a lot of these of late, if you had not guessed.

So, with that done, I am going to try and get things working again but I can make no promises. We are going to see a very rough few months I am afraid, and until I can sort everything out it is going to be a slow road to getting things back on track. Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and I hope you enjoy the future articles we will be bringing out.

6 comments:

  1. No worries man, take care and stay healthy. Content is very much appreciated, but not at the expense of your wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of the content you have produced over the time I have followed you give you a lot of leeway before I stop checking back for more. That is not inexhaustible but you are far from that point to say the least. Your ability to share your perspective even when I disagree with it is entertaining. Get what you need done, we will be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *offers a kit kat bar* Hope you'll get a break sooner rather than later. And don't worry about taking forever to post your next article. I'll stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given how many times you've mentioned your life and job being so time-consuming I'm surprised there are people still asking why you aren't posting so often. I'm also surprised that there's people leaving comment after comment demanding answers like this, as even back when I left my first comment (as in the first time I replied to one of your articles) I remember thinking that whether or not you posted it didn't really matter, you were going to see it and what you did after that was going to be more a reflection of you than me (and that all worked out greatly, even though I remember at the time I posted because I disagreed with the article in question).

    Posting something demanding answers time and time again however just reflects poorly on the part of the people who want the answers, because there's no benefit to it. Either you're going to annoy them further, or they'll take you less seriously and I know this because it's happened to people I know personally, it's happening to you now and it's also happened to me on other websites where I've posted a few short stories. It's not quite the same as there's different feelings of obligation, but with commenters like that I get the same feelings you describe here from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you PLEASE review Black Legion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done. You actually commented on the day I was finishing it up.

      Delete