Friday 6 May 2016

Bovington Museum's Tank Armada - Part I


So, due to other requirements and life getting quite hectic again, there's going to be a short break on the website. I had hoped to have a review up to cover for today, but because Starburst Magazine still seems to be having problems in the editing room, we can probably expect that sometime in the next fortnight. In lieu of this and the fact the next few 40,000 fan theory articles deserve more time and effort than any rush job, this is going to instead be a quick selection. Having been given a chance to finally visit Bovington Tank Museum on Tiger Day, a friend and I managed to take enough photos and video between us to fill a small gallery.

So, if a vast collection of images of armoured fighting vehicles doesn't interest you, feel free to skip the next two days. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the following shots.


World War I, British Mk. I Tank:




World War I, British Mk. V Tank:




World War I, British Mk. IX Tank:





World War I, British Mk. VIII Tank:




World War I, British Motor Machine Gun Service




World War I, British Light Tank IIa




World War II, German Jagdpanzer 38 (Sd.Kfz. 138/2) "Hetzer"






World War II, German Sd.Kfz. 171 Panzerkampfwagen V Panther




World War II, British Tank, Infantry, Mk VII Churchill Crocodile




Cold War, American M48 Patton Tank




World War II, American M3 "Lee" Medium Tank




World War II, British Infantry Tank Mark II "Matilda" (Outfitted with Canal Defence Light turret, and the Valiant hiding shamefully behind it)




World War II, German Jagdpanther SdKfz 173




World War II, American Heavy Tank M26 Pershing




World War I, British Rolls Royce Armoured Car, 1920 Pattern Mark 1




World War II, French Char S35 Somua




World War II, German Panzerkampfwagen IV (PzKpfw IV)




World War II, German Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) Tank Destroyer




World War I, British Medium Mark A Whippet:





So, that's the first batch. Expect more to come in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment